Thursday, August 9, 2007

Our New Project

Well, we bought this car back in 1999 or 2000 and it has been sitting in our garage since. We did take it out a couple of times to get it re-painted and the engine worked over, but, the poor baby has been locked up in the garage for a good part of the last 7 years.



This is a 1965 VW Beetle we bought after selling my 1973 VW Super Beetle. My hubby had a VW Beetle long, long ago, so technically this is his third VW to completely re-do.



We have just recently started getting in all of the parts needed to finish this baby up. I will keep you posted on the progress. We just put together the rear-bottom seat section with padding and new upholstery.



The upholstery and quarter panels are brick-red with cream trim. The carpet is a nice oatmeal color, not a solid color, kinda dotted. I can't wait for this to be done so I can spin it around town!


No comments: